Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AGOG

This is my friend Kevin. As an artist I was really interested in what everyone's thought labels would be. For the most part I really loved what people had to say and was struck by the generosity of sometimes strangers to reveal some small part of themselves for this project. Everyone that volunteered was included even if their DYMO label was a little on the boring side or their photo not as exciting. So I ask my friend Kevin what his DYMO was going to be and he said 'AGOG'. Kevin, who is no longer with us, was smarter, wittier and better read than the rest of us, and the best he can come up with is 'AGOG'? Jesus Christ. For the first time I told someone that their thought sucked and to come back when they came up with something better. Of course we ended up shooting it Kevin's way. I love this picture of him and have learned to love 'AGOG'.

No comments:

Post a Comment